Best Hunting & Hiking Boots – Irish Setter
The avid Outdoorsman is outside 365 days a years and needs the right gear to protect them and yet still provide the best comfort during all four seasons. The key areas and most important pieces of outdoor gear are those that protect our feet, hands, head, and chest. Well here is a great hunting and hiking boot we have found and want to share with you.
When looking for the best boot for your outdoor adventures we need to consider a few things like the climate, terrain, standing time, walking distance, staying dry, staying warm, not sweating, and comfort.
Here we will focus on the season outside the coldest Winter months, which are March – November. So whether your passion is Morel Mushroom hunting, shed antler hunting, turkey hunting, grouse hunting, hiking, fishing Trout in the mountains, or all the above and more, the Vaprtrek Irish Setter – 8″ Realtree Xtra Waterproof 400g Field Hunting Boot is what you’re looking for. These boots are great 9 months out of the year, I have even used them for Ice Fishing on occasion.
Vaprtrek Irish Setter – 8″ Realtree Xtra Waterproof 400g Field Hunting Boot
This Irish Setter Hunting & Hiking boot is very light, weighing only 2lbs-6oz, fits great, is durable, and will keep your feet dry. I have personally used this boot for standing long hours in the tree-stand, still hunting, hiking many miles hunting the Morel Mushroom, hiking in Colorado, and trout fishing the Stagecoach reservoir. I now have a second pair, yes for backup, but mainly because I have a couple of boys that have the same size foot unfortunately.
I was introduced to these Vaprtrek Irish Setter boots by a young man (Dan) who manages his own Red Wing Shoe Store in Grand Junction Colorado, and I’m impressed. I was hiking and fishing with my normal 1,000 grams winter hunting boot and they were just too hot, these 400g Irish Setter Boots resolved that problem. I now use these boots for all my outdoor adventures for three out of the four season.
– Realtree Xtra or Mossy Oak Breakup camouflage print
– UltraDry® waterproof construction along with moisture management lining for comfort and performance.
– A breakthrough composite material that significantly reduces the weight of the boot, providing extreme comfort and added endurance.
– 400 grams of PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco provides warmth in harsh, cold conditions
– RPM camo sole for durable traction control on rugged, tough environments
– Shaft height: 8″
– Style: 2873 or 2868
– Irish Setter exclusive scent control ScentBan
– A protective covering that is incredibly tough and abrasion resistant, preserving and increasing the life of a boot.
– Comfort tongue technology designed to minimize pressure from the boot tongue onto the top of your foot.
– A four-way stretch nylon that adds flexibility while walking or hiking.
– An internal padded waffle mesh which maintains premium comfort.
**Price- you can purchase these boots between $150 to $165
The Vaprtrek Irish Setter – 8″ Realtree Xtra Waterproof 400g Field Hunting Boot is an excellent choice when your hunt & hiking adventures demand a lightweight waterproof boot that stands up to the most active outdoorsman. My pair have held up great under the most severe climates and terrain and even for Ice Fishing on those warmer days.
If you would, please give Dan a call and order from him since he is the one that put us unto these great boots! Also let him know MWOutdoors recommend him.
Address: 2454 US-6 #103, Grand Junction, CO 81505